Two days ago I was invited for the private preview of H&M's A/W 2014 Collection at the spacious enclave of the H&M Studio. Knowing what a blast any event organized by H&M usually is, I was looking forward to see and play around with the upcoming collection, as well as catch up with old friends.
Naturally, I was not mistaken. H&M never fails to deliver the coolest clothes and anything we already know we are going to crave next fall. This time, the brand got inspired by a contemporary mod, mixing Parisian chic with the attitude of London and the sleekness of New York. This international male has been given a wardrobe filled with smart outerwear with a touch of streetwear about it, including aviators jackets and cashmere knits.
Major items that made me jump with joy:
- The return of the slipdress as a wardrobe staple. Did anyone say layering?
- Borrowing from the boys' closet. See tailored blazers or tomboyish leather biker jackets.
- The new suit: a draped top with matching pants.
- Sparkles on sheer, full on sequin dresses and studs on blazer; basically you cannot be getting a stronger vibe to go embellished next season.
- Any pair of shoes from the collection: a pair of strappy sandals that can complete any formal look and a pair of boots with metallic or patchwork details to match any off-duty look.
The H&M Studio Autumn/ Winter 2014 collection will be available all the over the world in stores and online from the 4th of September.